Monday 15 February 2010

quilting, doiling.


I had a great doily find today, at my faithful local Salvos. They always have piles of doilies and it takes all my restraint not to buy all of them. Most of these will be used to make more doily cushions - some of them dyed, some left naturale - for my market at the end of march.



Photograph by Be*mused

Looking through piles of cheap stained and damaged doilies and various grandma linens at an antique shop this weekend made me want to put together some kind of brilliant, large project that would use up the gorgeous details. I love the look of this beautiful, natural Japanese quilt with all its little details and embroidery. And I think a quilt that uses little pieces of beautiful embroidered doilies, lacy place mat edges etc. to add detail in a similar way would be pretty. If it goes well I might also make some quilted cushions for selling at my market.


Photograph by Be*mused


Seriously though, look at the detailing of this quilt. Exquisite, no?

Photograph by Be*mused

1 comment:

  1. exquisite indeed, I have also been drawn to this style of textile work.

    ReplyDelete