Tuesday 6 October 2009

Jefferson


Yesterday, we briefly adopted a baby magpie. Tom found him, not moving, in the middle of the road on our street just before a hailstorm hit. We think he fell out of his nest. We fed him lots of fresh earthworms from our garden and gave him some water, and he seemed to perk up a lot, although he couldn't fly and walked with a fairly comical but painful looking waddle on his huge oversized feet.

I think he really liked us; he kept jumping onto Tom's shoulder and refusing to budge (I didn't let him on my shoulder because I have a major fear of bird wings flapping near my face). He was very fluffy and soft and made the cutest noise when he was hungry; kind of a 'peeeep, peeeeep'.

We took him to a nice family who look after injured birds and they promised to take good care of him. We named him 'Jefferson'. We miss him a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment