Tuesday 13 October 2009

My Brilliant Idea Tuesday


Since Tuesdays are often the bleakest and most uninspiring day of the week, I've decided to install a new ditty here at Quincey: My Brilliant Idea Tuesdays. Sometimes the idea will be an original of mine, sometimes I'll fleece it sneakily from elsewhere. Regardless, it will hopefully wake up and hit us like a new, exotically spiced tea, or a zesty, unexpected fragrance, or a glowing candle on a gray day, or a fresh, evocative new song. You know what I'm saying. Inspire us, people.

Budget, Rental Friendly Picture Framing

(click on photo to see it big)


Picture frames are expensive. Nice ones are tough to find, and you have to hammer holes in walls to hang them up - impossible if you're renting - or buy those pricey 3M sticky ones which I know for a fact are not fail-proof.

So, instead, why not experiment with different, more affordable ways to frame photographs, art or post cards on your walls? Try using ribbons, lace, or hand drawn frames on paper, and simply blutac them directly onto the wall on the outside of your pictures, or onto the edge of the images themselves. And if bluetac is against the rules in your house too, then...I'm sorry. Maybe try using 3M double sided tape?

1 comment:

  1. oh yay! I like these. I am going to do them then i will be MR FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete