Wednesday 30 December 2009

Christmas Snippits

xx

A very incomprehensive snapshot of three days of Christmas festivities...


I made my two precious housemates these fabric envelopes with stationary for all their adventures. I also made them each a teeny tiny (very fiddly) envelope for keeping treasures. I'd post instructions but I actually did a rather dodgy job of the hemming and would recommend you follow design sponge's advice and use fusible webbing instead.



Tom gave me this beautiful 1970s Danish ivory ring.


I spent Christmas eve making peppermint bark
and raspberry butter and granola for Christmas hampers. The raspberry butter was divine. It tasted like edible childhood (not to be confused with edible child).
On Christmas morning I ate my first home grown snowpea. Hopefully this will become a yearly tradition.
A few days ago we went on a beautiful walk in Tidbinbila with visiting family from Melbourne. We splashed in the crisp clean water and frolicked beneath emerald green ferns. Quite refreshing, especially after three days of dead pig sauced with congealed turkey fat.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely everything- and especially lovely fabric envelopes of goodies. I have that cream and black 'le cahier' notebook! I am using it as a scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete